Genshin Impact is one of the most popular open world RPG games, allowing players to explore various landscapes and fight evil creatures in order to save the world of Tyvat. One of the game’s elemental specialties is freezing, which involves using ice as a weapon and grants players unique abilities. In this article, we’ll explore the best frozen characters to build in Genshin Impact. But before we get into the details, it’s worth pointing out that players will need Genshin Impact Genesis Crystals to level up and acquire these characters.
Frozen characters are known for their ability to slow and freeze enemies, which proves to be an invaluable asset in battle. Here are some of the best cryo characters to build in Genshin Impact:
- Qiqi: Qiqi is a five-star cryogenic character known for her healing abilities. Her cryogenic elemental damage also regenerates the HP of nearby allies. Her healing is proportional to her attack power. Additionally, her C6 allows her Elemental Burst to revive the entire party and restore 50% of their health.
- Ganyu: Not only is Ganyu the best Cryo 5 star in Genshin Impact, but he is probably the best primary DPS in the game. Known for its powerful bow attack. Her elemental bursts and the celestial maidens scatter flowers, creating a massive ice blast that deals cryogenic damage to nearby enemies. Ganyu’s incredibly high damage bonus, her taunt ability, Aimed Shot with AoE DMG, and her AoE Cryo Elemental Burst make all of Ganyu’s team combos better.
- Kaeya: Kaeya is a four-star cryogenic character, her elemental skill Frostgnaw deals cryogenic damage to enemies and has a chance to restore her own HP. Most players will want to build him as a cryo support with a high energy recharge to constantly use his Elemental Burst for elemental reactions. Through this, Kaeya can be the perfect support for any Freeze comp.
- Diona: Diona is a four-star cryogenic character that can heal allies and damage enemies at the same time. Her elemental burst, a signature hybrid, creates a shield for allies and deals cryogenic damage to nearby enemies. Her abilities provide players with a massive elemental mastery boost, allowing for some of the strongest reactions in the game alongside her shields and healing.
- Chongyun: Chongyun is a 4-star cryogenic character, her elemental skill is Spiritual Blade: Chonghua’s Layered Frost, which deals cryogenic damage and displays a circle that repeatedly deals cryogenic damage to surrounding enemies. Paired with Hydro units like Starhill and Pyro units like Xiangling, players can use Heavy Clouds to trigger elemental reactions and consistently deal decent damage. He doesn’t have much of a spot in the current meta, but that doesn’t mean he can’t hold his own in the game.
All in all, the cryo characters in Genshin Impact are valuable additions to any player’s team due to their unique abilities. Whether defending, healing, or attacking, cryo characters provide vital support in battle. However, in order to obtain and upgrade cryogenic characters, players will need to purchase the Genshin Impact Top Up. These Crystals can be used to grant wishes and unlock new characters or upgrade existing ones. With the right cryogenic character, players can quickly level up and defeat even the toughest bosses in Genshin Impact.